Make sure everything is turned off. Remove wood chip tray from your Masterbuilt® Digital Electric Smoker and store in a safe place. Open your air damper all the way. Add wood chips to your slow smoker. Power on slow smoker.
- Cutting cheese into smaller pieces will provide more smoke infusion into each piece of cheese.
Ideal internal smoker temperature is approximately 20°C. Avoid melting cheese by not exceeding temp of 30°C.
- Smoke for 2-6 hours.
– Wood selections are based on preference – apple or hickory are typically preferred.
– Soft cheeses absorb more flavour than harder cheeses.
– Remove any protective coatings around the cheese for maximum smoke infusion.
- Allow cheese to completely cool.
- Dry any excess moisture from the cheese.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or sealable bag. (Don’t forget to label and date!)
- To maximize flavour, store cheese in refrigerator for two weeks prior to eating
Download as PDF